Category Archives: Competitions
Bloomsbury Sport Competitions
Tour de France Twitter Photo Competition
FREE PRIZE DRAW – TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
For the chance to win a Rapha jersey, tweet a picture that captures how you watch, support or celebrate the Tour de France to @BloomsburySport including the hashtag #viveletour before Sunday 21st July 2013 and you’ll automatically be entered into the competition.
Bloomsbury Sport will choose their favourite photograph and the winner will be announced on Thursday 1st August 2013.
Enter by 23:59 on Sunday 21st July 2013, to be entered into the free prize draw. The draw will be made on the 24th July 2013, and the winner will be announced by the 1st August 2013.
1. This free prize draw is open to all UK residents (excluding the Republic of Ireland) aged 18 or over, except employees and their families of Bloomsbury, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
2. Only one entry per household.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 on Sunday 21st July 2013 (‘Closing Date’).
4. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. No responsibility will be accepted by Bloomsbury for any lost or incomplete entries. Participation instructions form part of these terms & conditions.
6. Entrants should enter by tweeting a picture to @BloomsburySport. Email and postal entries will not be accepted, and entries received after the Closing Date of the promotion will not be considered.
7. Entrants must supply to Bloomsbury their full name, email address and postal address. Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties without your permission.
8. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
9. Entries will be entered into a single draw to take place on Wednesday 24th July 2013.
10. The Prize: A Rapha Team Sky Supporter’s Jersey (RRP £40.00 – size subject to availability)
11. The prizes must be claimed by 31st August 2013.
12. The winner will be selected by Bloomsbury from entries which qualify for the draw. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the Closing Date.
13. If the winner does not reply to a winning notification within 28 days of the Closing Date, then Bloomsbury reserves the right to re-draw the prize, and offer the prize to the runner up, in which case the original winner will forfeit any rights to a prize.
14. By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
a. to be bound by these terms and conditions;
b. that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize; and
c. that should they win the promotion, their name and likeness may be used by Bloomsbury for pre-arranged promotional purposes.
15. No cash alternative will be offered and the prize is not transferable. In the event of circumstances outside its control, Bloomsbury reserves the right to provide alternative similar prizes of equal value. The decision of Bloomsbury in all matters is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
16. Any breach of the promotion terms & conditions by an entrant will void their entry.
17. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.
18. Bloomsbury reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the promotion if circumstances make this necessary.
19. The name of the winner(s) will be available online within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
20. Bloomsbury excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
21. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.
22. The promotion is operated by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, (Company Number 01984336) of 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP.
To celebrate the launch of The Fat Burn Revolution Bloomsbury Sport and Health and Fitness Magazine are giving away the ultimate fitness prize.
Win a signed copy of the book along with fitness clothing from Moving Comfort www.movingcomfort.com and fitness equipment from York Fitness www.yorkfitness.com.
Everything you need to start this fantastic twelve week programme! Enter here: http://bit.ly/1dZcIE9
Bloomsbuy Sport: Signed copy of The Fat Burn Revolution
Moving Comfort – Rebound Racer Sports Bra (£24.50), Urban Gym Capri (£40) and Metro Tee (£30).
York Fitness: Gym Ball (£22), 20Kg cast Set (£55) and Deluxe Mat (£26.99)
Competition ends 31st January 2014.
With just over a week to go the Grand Depart of the Tour de France 2013, why not relive the moments of the first British rider to win the Yellow Jersey captured in splendorous imagery in our bestselling Allez Wiggo.
Bloomsbury are offering a copy of the book to the first five people who sign up to the Bloomsbury Sport newsletter each day of the Tour. (We’ve just extended the offer!)
To be in with a chance of winning, sign up here: http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/newsletter. Remember to check the Sport box in General Interest.
And let’s keep our fingers crossed for another British victory with … Va Va Froome!
For 3 weeks of the year, every year, I become obsessed. The blinkers are on and all I can think about is the Tour de France. It truly is one of the greatest of tests of sporting endurance – of true grit and determination. This year, the 100th running of the Tour, the riders will cover a staggering 3,404 kilometres with 7 flat stages, 5 hilly, and 6 mountain stages, including an unprecedented double ascent of the merciless Alpe D’Huez.
But I’m not alone in my admiration of this great race, Team Sport at Bloomsbury are all keen cycling fans. And for this reason, we’ve set up a Fantasy Cycling league, that we’d like to invite you to join. (It’s like Fantasy Football – but better!)
All you need to do is pick your dream team at fantasy.road.cc, join our league Bloomsbury Sport – Cycling, and see whether you can take on the fantasy cycling genius of Bloomsbury Sport’s: Maglia Charlo, L’Equipe Kirsty, Nick la Bomba and Allez Coley.
Do you think you can beat Bloomsbury Sport at Fantasy Cycling?
Need some help with your team choices? Look no further than Bloomsbury Sport’s Top Tips for the Tour…
Ones to watch:
- Chris ‘the Froominator’ Froome has been in stellar form this season, taking victories at the Tour of Oman, Criterium International, Tour de Romandie and Criterium du Dauphine. He’ll be looking to emulate his teammate Sir Brad’s yellow jersey victory last year to become the second Briton to win Le Tour.
- Alberto Contador, Froome’s ‘biggest threat’, is a two-time winner of the Tour de France.
- Vicenzo Nibali won the Maglia Rosa in the Giro d’Italia – could he make this a double? A feat no one has achieved since 1998.
- Andy Schleck is making his return to la Grande Boucle following a pelvis fracture in 2012,which prevented him from racing. Good form at the Tour de Suisse means we shouldn’t underestimate him.
- Mark Cavendish, the Manx Missile, will be targeting his first yellow jersey in the Corsican stages, bt his main aim will beto win back the green jersey from…
- Peter Sagan, the 23-year-old sprinting star, claimed three stage wins and the green jersey in 2012. Can he do it again?
The Tour de France gets underway in Corsica on Saturday 29 June. We’ll be ramping up our coverage in the days before then and during Le Tour so be sure to check back regularly for all the latest news and competitions from Bloomsbury Sport.
Or follow us on Twitter: @BloomsburySport
Want to win a copy of 101 Youth Basketball Drills to help with your ball skills and tactics?
Then check out our Twitter Competition today. All you need to do is retweet and follow us before 9am tomorrow to be in a chance of winning 1 of 4 copies we’re giving away. Go on, you know it makes sense.
Good luck and happy retweeting.
To be in with a chance to nab this great set, send a Tweet to @ACBlackbooks answering this question: Who won the 2011 Tour de France?
But get in quick as answers need to be in by 2pm today. Good luck and happy tweeting.
Team Sport at Bloomsbury are delighted to be offering a free copy of The Total Gym Ball Workout to five lucky winners in our first Bloomsbury Sport competition.
To be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is follow us on Twitter by November 25th 2012 when we will select at random those five fortuitous followers. Good luck.