Job Title: Senior Editor, Sport and Fitness
Reporting to: Head of the Sports and Fitness department
We are looking for a highly motivated and organised person to work full-time in our busy Sports and Fitness department. The role involves managing a number of full-colour and mono books through the editorial process from cover design and manuscript delivery through to publication, and dealing with authors, freelancers, suppliers, illustrators and in-house colleagues. The successful candidate will have at least 18 months’ editorial experience in book publishing and be able to demonstrate:
– proficiency with illustrated books
– ideally experience of working on photo shoots
– meticulous attention to detail
– excellent oral and written communication skills
– the ability to prioritise and use their own initiative, juggling several projects at a time
– solid time-management skills in order to cope with competing deadlines
– a wide-ranging interest in sports and fitness.
This is a challenging role for someone able to manage their own projects with plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
Please send your CV and details to email@example.com
Please note that a high level of applications may mean that we are not able to respond to all applicants.
***This job advert has now expired***