Exciting news: we’re recruiting!!
If you think you’ve got what it takes, why wait. Get applying now and you could soon be working with the staggeringly brilliant Team Sport at Bloomsbury.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organised editor to work in our busy Sports and Fitness department. Bloomsbury Sport publishes the best in sport, health and fitness books, covering a wide range of subjects, from the history of cycling through to the practicalities of foam rolling. This is a challenging and exciting role for someone able to manage their own projects with plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
• Managing a number of full colour, mono and e-books through the editorial process from cover design and manuscript delivery through to publication
• Working closely with in-house Design, Marketing, Publicity and Rights departments
• Working closely with Commissioning Editors within the department
• Working closely with authors, and briefing freelancers, suppliers, photographers, photo agencies and illustrators
• Schedule and budget management
• Writing back cover and catalogue copy
Skills, knowledge, experience
• Editorial experience in book publishing
• Proficient with illustrated books
• Eye for design and layouts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritise and use own initiative, juggling several projects at a time
• Solid time-management skills in order to cope with competing deadlines
• Ideally experience of working on ebooks, and XML
• Ideally experience of working on photo shoots
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Wide-ranging interest in sports and fitness is desirable
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office packages and Adobe. Mac experience desirable.
This role is based at Bloomsbury’s London office, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter, including current salary details, to Julia.Thomson@bloomsbury.com. Julia Thomson, HR Administrator.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 31 August 2014.