The 6th edition of Sports Training Principles has arrived at Bloomsbury HQ and it looks fantastic. Thoroughly revised throughout, this comprehensive sports science textbook has been edited and authored by Dr Frank W. Dick OBE (President of the European Athletics Coaches Association) with contributions from:
- Professor John Brewer (St Mary’s University, Twickenham, UK)
- Professor Timothy Noakes (University of Cape Town, South Africa)
- Dr Penny Werthner (University of Calgary, Canada)
- Vern Gambetta (Sports Training Systems, USA)
- Dr Cliff Mallett and Dr David Jenkins (University of Queensland, Australia)
- Dr Scott Drawer (RFU, UK)
This textbook comprehensively covers the core aspects of sports training and coaching which can be applied to all sports and disciplines. It is the ultimate reference tool for all coaches responsible for training athletes to fulfill their performance potential.
the book covers the key sports science topics: anatomy and physiology; biomechanics; psychology; nutrition; performance analysis; training; and coaching theory and practice.
If you’re a lecturer interested in using the book on your course, email your full course details (Course Name, Level, Module, Number of Students and Start Date) and your academic address (Name, Position, Department, Address) to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will get back to you.