Bloomsbury Publishing Plc are looking for an experienced Commissioning Editor to work on our fantastic Sports and Fitness list. Working with the Head of Department you will commission sports and fitness titles across the market, including gift titles, narratives, reference books, coffee table titles and training manuals.
Bloomsbury Sport publishes the best in sport, health and fitness books, covering a wide range of subjects, from the history of cycling through to the practicalities of foam rolling. This is a challenging and exciting role for someone able to manage their own projects with plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
• Commission new products and manage backlist to ensure your list meets identified market needs
• Maintain solid market awareness in order to identify publishing opportunities
• Monitor market trends and competitor activity; undertake market research
• Develop and maintain a network of external contacts; attend conferences/events as required
• Draw up and negotiate contracts with authors / agents
• Manage initial budget and schedule for commissioned projects
Skills, knowledge, experience
• Must have experience in trade book publishing
• Track record of commissioning books, ideally developing a list
• Excellent knowledge of the editorial and commissioning process
• Relevant market knowledge advantageous / interest in the sports and fitness sector
• Good awareness / experience of ebooks/digital opportunities
This role is based at Bloomsbury’s London office, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. To apply, please send a CV, covering letter, including current salary details and notice period, to Julia.Thomson@bloomsbury.com. Julia Thomson, HR Advisor.
The closing date for this role is Monday, 28th September 2015.